A Bit About Me...
I am a College of Education Student at the University of South Alabama. It takes a lot of hard work to become a good teacher. My sister is a Special Education teacher, and she is my mentor. I will strive to become one of those teachers that the students always remember and love. My goals are basic, but necessary. I want to educate my students and keep the lines of communication open.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Burp Back Education

It is important that students are actually learning what they are being taught in the classroom. Standing at the front of the room then testing the students on that information just doesn't cut it. The brain's short term memory is comprised of a small amount of room, meaning you cannot keep information in there for too long. Short term memory needs to be converted to long term memory in order to "stay there". The only way for that to happen is for the student to actually learn the information. Repetition works as well as relating that information to something they already know. This ties in with my philosophy on "Making Learning Fun". Make the lesson relate able and enjoyable then introduce the information more than one time in the classroom along with assignments. It is always important to go over assignments so the students can find out what they did wrong. It is the only way to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment